Welcome to Project Make: Year 2!!!
1)Your first step in sharing your skills with the world will be setting up a Posterous account.
- Pick a username that contains your first name so that I can identify you and approve you as a contributor.
- You will need a valid email address.
- Creat a profile that introduces you to the Maker community, but preserves your personal privacy
- Login to your new account and visit the Project Make site again and subscribe to it.
- Look around about at some of the posts from last year. See what you think distinguishes a good post from one that demonstrates little concern or effort. We will discuss standards form this year's posts later, for now I want to hear what you think
2) Visit the site www.howtoons.com and look for ideas for a project you will make in early September. I'd like to take a few of these to the Mini Maker Faire and North Bay Science Fair in October.
3) Visit the site makeprojects.com to begin to look for ideas for slightly larger projects.
I want to make a bunch of these:
4) After I make you contributors, you will post at least one idea from each site (or somewhere else if you have another resource for projects of similar complexity) so that we can discuss them next week.
5) Finally visit http://www.thetech.org/plan-your-visit/special-exhibitions/Mythbusters#Education and review some of the 10 avtivities on the page.